Saturday, August 14, 2010

Application for Dead Poet's Society---Rejected!

My recent application to The Society was rejected with malice. I was advised that since I failed to die, this alone disqualified me. Additionally, my effort was characterized as half-hearted, at best, and possibly even feigned. I was further advised that I would never become a member unless the following problems with my poetry were rectified.
1. It is insufficiently self-absorbed.
2.It lacks opacity-any marginally literate person can understand it.
3.Gross deficiency in vulgarity-few references to sexual behavior or various bathroom activities.
4.Essentially devoid of profanity-no m-f, f, s, or b words. A few d words will not suffice.

1 comment:

  1. Well Doc, I think I can help you with the profanity. Perhaps also we can boost your ego and ratchet up the hyperbole...

    ReplyDelete